Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Back. . .


The time has come to finish my quilt, and I am attempting to figure out the back. I was recently given a bird patch from Panama sent to me from my future in-laws of a bird. I thought I would incorporate this patch with a botanical print fabric, given to me by my sister Eve. I bordered the bird patch with blue and green, to help the colors pop a little. As seen below.
The front of the quilt is a series of log cabin patches, so I attempted to continue that theme a bit with the bird patch.
The remaining design has yet to be determined. The fabrics shown above will make up the rest of the back, I think I will add a boarder to the botanical fabric in blue? I'm still undecided on the composition, so any suggestions are appreciated.

1 comment:

Southern Sunshine said...

It's beautiful Jean! I love the green and blue botanical fabric. Is there a finished product yet?